So imagine how much more wonderstruck I was to find a message from Elaine Smothers and her froggy assistant Forrest saying they had bestowed upon me The Versatile Blogger award. Thank you, Elaine! This is special.
It seems this award has also come with work. Drat! But as I love to spread the love (yes, I know, that's love twice), I'm delighted to play along.
Thank the person who gave you this award. That’s common courtesy. - Done! But just for good measure, thank you, Elaine and Forrest!
Include a link to their blog. That’s also common courtesy — if you can figure out how to do it. - Also done, but I'm presenting it again here: http://elainesmothers.wordpress.com/
Next, select 15 blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly. ( I would add, pick blogs or bloggers that are excellent!) Nominate those 15 bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award — you might include a link to this site.
A bunch have already been nominated, but I'm not going to worry about that. Here are 15 blogs that have me wonderstruck:
- Pocketful of Joules - My friend Joules provides jewels in the form of savvy marketing advice, DIY home decor, and basically living a kick butt life.
- Brandi Reynolds - Yoga, dog rescuing, photography... her awesomeness cup overfloweth.
- Jamie Ridler Studios - Jamie is shining inspiration for creative spirits. She is an amazing coach and a beautiful person all around.
- Deb Owen - Deb has the perfect combination of "I hear ya" mixed with "so now what do you need to do?" If you missed her interview on Wednesday, check it out now.
- Dirty Footprints Studio - Connie is an artist and a new mama with a strong connection to inner self and the earth.
- A Holy Experience by Ann Voskamp - Whenever you need comfort, go here for beautiful photos, rich words, and soothing music.
- Jennifer Louden - Jen's mission is to savor and serve, which she does with a spunky attitude.
- Shauna Niequist - Shauna is real, honest. She knows how to be wonderstruck in ordinary life.
- Momastery - Glennon is a recovering alcoholic and bulimic, now doing the busy mom thing.
- Carrie Daws - You may remember Carrie from her interview a couple weeks back. Her blog mixes talk about her books with other bits of this world we live in.
- Laird Sapir - Laird is a writer, a web designer, an extremely helpful person especially beloved for rocking the bad movies.
- Shay Fabbro - My very first wonderstruck interviewee! Shay talks about life, writing, and science... in a cool way.
- Diana Lesire Brandmeyer - Diana is an author who has written a book I look forward to reading called We're Not Blended, We're Pureed: A Survivor's Guide to Blended Families
- Julie Kenner - Julie is an author with a series about a demon-fighting soccer mom, of all things. Awesome. Her blog brings humor to everyday life and I always appreciate someone who can do that.
- Gene Lempp - I've learned so much from Gene's great link mashups on Saturdays and he almost has me convinced to join ROW80 one of these rounds. (Just working up my nerve and dreaming up goals, Gene!)
Finally, tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself.
7 things about me:
- I may have saved a baby bunny this morning. I'm hoping I did. Maybe you could send a little positive energy, prayer, and good thoughts its way.
- I have a bigger garden this year than I've ever done before: corn, carrots, broccoli, peas, brussel sprouts, onions, peppers, lettuce, beans, cucumbers, zucchini, tomatoes, thyme, rosemary, basil, cilantro, kiwi, strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, hazelnuts, grapes. We even added a small orchard with apples, peaches, plums, cherries, and a mystery tree which long ago lost its label and we don't remember what it is anymore. Surprise!
- Before achieving my dream of becoming a stay-at-home-mom, I had achieved my dream of working for a magazine. Yep! I got to work with Popular Science, Parenting, Working Mother, and Saveur. Next dream... published writer.
- I currently have a heck of a bruise on my left knee. While I remember having the thought of "that's going to leave a mark," I don't actually remember what I hit it on.
- Most of the time I'm afraid of writing. I want to write, but I don't know what to write about. I fear I have nothing of value to say.
- I eat waffles with peanut butter and syrup.
- After publishing this post, I will be taking my one-year-old for some unabashed play time at a kids gym. I may climb on parallel bars like a weird monkey.
There you have it. Random stuff you probably didn't know about me. I hope you'll check out some of the blogs I listed. They really are wonderful!
You can find out more about The Versatile Blogger award here: http://versatilebloggeraward.wordpress.com/
And if you haven't already, please "like" my Facebook page to stay up to date with all sorts of wonderstruck fun.