Things I learned this week:
- If you open your weather app on your phone in the morning and it says "3," you should not sit there waiting for the page to finish loading. Apparently 3 is as many degrees as you get.
- On days that start out at 3 degrees and forecast a high of 10, you should not let your ducks escape while feeding them.*
- Running around in 10 degree weather for 20 minutes trying to round up ducks by yourself is futile. That's just you chasing ducks. Call for assistance and work as a pair to herd them back to their home.**
*It's possible that this lesson may not apply to everyone as most people probably do not have pet ducks.
Things I'm celebrating this week:
- The response to my word of the year. (If you don't know that word is "Badass," you might want to go see what you missed.) Ginny Lennox offered some beautiful words on my Facebook page finishing with "love this post," and Liv Rancourt tweeted that it made her want to "go out and kick some butt!!" and tagged it #bestnewyearspostever. Thank you so much, ladies!
- This year I've been called upon to write one article per week for Grandmother Hen. I am so excited about this project! My first article went up this week- a review of the children's television show Sarah & Duck.
Things that are resonating with me this week:
6 Harsh Truths That Will Make You a Better Person by David Wong
The word by Susannah Conway
This video from Jen Louden...
What did you learn this week? What are you celebrating? Leave a comment and I'll share a "Woohoo!"