As in flecks of reflection from the week: what I'm learning and celebrating.
Things I learned this week:
- My clothes really like to get caught on things. It's been happening for months and I'm really aware of it now. Yesterday my coat button got stuck on the grocery store cart three different times while I tried to load groceries in my car. Drawstrings on pants are also notorious for looping onto my son's dresser drawers, then pulling them open as I step away. I'm not sure what the lesson here is- stand further away?
- Ask. Because the worst that can happen is someone can say no and even then, you're no worse off then you were before. Even better, they might say yes! (I received 2 yes answers out of 3 people asked. The third has not responded yet. Can't wait to share these wins with you!)
Things I'm celebrating this week:
- Noticing my surroundings, like a beautiful chandelier in the Music Box Theatre in New York City (pictured above).
- Another of my articles went live on Grandmother Hen. I wrote this one as the first in a year-long series about Doing Good in a Grand Way. I'll be focusing on a different cause each month and talking about some of the organizations working for it, as well as offering suggestions for how to get involved. I'm really excited about this series. It's so important.
- The launch of my new site design which is very... wonderstruck! (Thank you, Laird Sapir of Memphis McKay!)
Things that are resonating with me this week:
Just Checking by Christine Kane about whether we are really accomplishing tasks or merely checking our various apps and accounts.
One Thing Real Friends Do by Meredith Kane (no relation to Christine that I know of) about the power of showing up.
What did you learn this week? What are you celebrating? Leave a comment and I'll share a "Woohoo!"