Things I learned this week:
- You can make any time sacred by lighting a candle and sipping hot tea. (Try it out. Before calling someone - whether with family, friend, or mentor - light a candle, pour a beverage in your favorite mug or glass, then sit at the table and be present for the phone call. No multi-tasking allowed.)
- There are certain people in this world that we can connect with deeply even if we have never met in person.
Things I'm celebrating this week:
Things that are resonating with me this week:
A new (and free) ebook from Pace Smith: The 11 Most Dangerous Myths about Finding Your Path
This article: 16 Habits of Highly Sensitive People. Because yes, yes, and well, yes to nearly all of them.
I mentioned this one last week, but I'm still reading it and it's still stirring me: The Desire Map: A Guide to Creating Goals with Soul by Danielle LaPorte. This passage, in particular, caught my attention:
Decide to Rise
Push. Turn up the volume. Go hard. Go harder.
Reprioritize your aches and pains.
Infuse your sensitivities with courage.
Tell fear to f*** right the f*** off.
Devote yourself to done.
I jumped right up after reading it, photocopied it, cut it out, and put it on my bathroom mirror as a reminder. There are so many important words there: push, aches, pains, sensitivities, courage, fear, devote, done. They all hit me at different levels and for different reasons. It's hard to explain, but I know I need to sit with this passage for a while.
In case you missed it...
I wrote some new articles for Grandmother Hen this month:
- Children's TV: Bubble Guppies
- Doing Good: Women's Well-Being
- Children's Movies: Despicable Me 2
- Doing Good: Girls' Well-Being
What did you learn this week? What are you celebrating? Leave a comment and I'll share a "Woohoo!"