As in flecks of reflection from the week: what I'm learning and celebrating.
Things I learned this week:
- What a "somerpepper" is. It's basically a somersault that you do after doing another somersault if you're three and proclaim, "I'm going to do a somersault and then a somerpepper."
- That putting on a ruffly sundress makes said three-year-old think I'm a princess. Incidentally, putting on tights makes him ask why my pants are "that way."
- What a rain garden is and which plants to grow in it.
- How to take a cutting from a mint plant to start a new one. Whether I actually learned this one will become apparent in a month when my cutting either grows or dies.
Things I'm celebrating this week:
- My husband's birthday! Happy birthday, love! Wishing you many, many more. With me. Obviously.
- Being featured on BlogHer! The story of our farm purchase appeared in their Work/Life and DIY sections, as well as right on the home page. That's a first for me. What a great feeling.
- Finishing an editing project.
- Receiving a new editing project.
- Making a client happy with her website design reveal. She actually said, "That's exactly what I would have created if I knew how." I love that.
- I'm still harvesting tomatoes and peppers. My summer crop was weak, but those plants are still trying!
Things that are resonating with me:
How 15 Minutes Per Day Can Change Your Life from The Gift of Writing - This bit of wisdom applies to more than just writing.
Showing Up at Notes from Farm and Field
What did you learn this week? What are you celebrating? Leave a comment and I'll share a "Woohoo!"