I did it! I wrote for 31 days straight on a single topic! Who knew?
This month of writing has covered my second month in this new-to-us home. The house and I have become acquainted. We have learned how each other works and lives. We have settled into each others’ eccentricities.
During this month I have explored my town and tried new restaurants. Tonight we will meet more neighbors when we go to our first Halloween party down the street. We still have a lot to see and relationships to build.
Through the process of moving, I have learned about myself. I have learned what makes me comfortable or not. I have learned how important it is to set intentions and live into them. I have learned how much I love the concept of home—a topic I will continue to explore.
When I began the 31 Days challenge, I honestly wasn’t sure I had enough to write about. I wasn’t sure I would be able to keep up the pace of a new post everyday. Yet, the further I made it, the less I wanted to miss a day. Some posts went live just before midnight, but I successfully posted every day this month.
Thank you for following along on this journey. In case you missed any posts or want to revisit them, here is the full list:
- 31 Days of Nest Building
- How I Met My House
- Clearing the Air
- Weekends are for House Projects
- Shifting the Energy
- Evicting Old Tenants
- Everything That Can Break, Will
- Use the Fancy China
- My Favorite Time of Day in this House
- Mysteries Solved
- Exploring the Town with My First House Guest
- Sweeping Outdoors is My Meditation
- The Kitchen Drawer that Wouldn't Open
- What I Will Miss
- I Didn't Notice That Before
- Embracing Steady Progress
- Beautiful Words About Home
- Decorating for the Holidays
- Our New Morning Ritual
- Meeting the Neighbors
- The Ants Go Marching On
- Garden Dreaming
- The Most Boring Post Yet. Thankfully.
- Home is a Feeling
- I Tackled the Garage. And Won.
- The Most Important Phase of Nest Building
- What is Your Home's Numerology?
- The Story of the Vanity
- One Thing to Do Right Now to Lighten the Energy in Your House
- Nest Building by the Numbers
- This post is number 31.