November has come to an end. Can you believe it? I can't. This year has flown by.
Just as I did last month, I am sharing a list of the books I read and acquired this month. The acquisition list is much less daunting than my October list. Remember that? It's probably best not to.
Here we go...
What I read in November
- The Wonder by Emma Donoghue - started at the end of October and finished in November
- Love Warrior by Glennon Doyle Melton - savored this slowly through October and the first part of November
- Deep Work by Cal Newport - purchased at Barnes & Noble after seeing Cal Newport’s TEDx talk about quitting social media
- Burning Woman by Lucy Pearce
- We Should All Be Feminists by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
- Tribe by Sebastian Junger - borrowed from the library; my local book club selection for November
- The Tourist by Robert Dickinson
I also rediscovered my love of comic books and read these...
- Heart and Brain: Gut Instincts by The Awkward Yeti
- Phoebe and Her Unicorn by Dana Simpson
- Unicorn on a Roll by Dana Simpson
- Unicorn vs. Goblins by Dana Simpson
What I acquired in November
From Book of the Month Club
- Swing Time by Zadie Smith (paid selection)
- Enchanted Islands by Allison Amend (free with credit)
- Britt Marie Was Here by Fredrik Backman (free with credit)
- Trust by Iyanla Vanzant (coming June 2017; free from NetGalley in exchange for review)
- The Secret Language of Dogs: Unlocking the Canine Mind for a Happier Pet by Victoria Stillwell (published October 2016; free from Blogging for Books in exchange for review)
- A Piece of This World by Christina Baker Kline (coming February 2017; free from BookBrowse in exchange for review)
- Moonlight Blogger: Essays from The Subversive Copy Editor Blog by Carol Fisher Saller - free on Kindle
- Most Wanted by Lisa Scottoline - borrowed from the library; my book club is reading this for December
- Plus 6 others that I got at Book Riot Live
It looks like I still have plenty to keep me busy. What have you been reading?