As in flecks of reflection from the week: what I'm learning and celebrating.
Things I learned this week:
- I learned more about the kind of work I do and don't want to do. Hooray for clarity!
- I did not learn how to make bread. I followed a basic recipe that seemed simple enough, but it didn't rise. I used "active dry" which is all I found at my grocery store. I'm guessing that's not the same as "instant" which is what the recipe called for. So all of that uber-dense bread went into the garbage. So sad.
Things I'm celebrating this week:
- Receiving a kind message out of the blue from a childhood friend.
- Clarifying my intentions.
- Changing my mood on a tough day.
- Completing a project.
- Next steps.
- Getting the ducks out for a swim!
Things that are resonating with me this week:
Allowing Dreams by Susannah Conway in which she says...
My part of the deal is to work hard, be committed and have a little faith. And to make room in my life for the good stuff to flow.
No Time for Perfection! by Ginny Lennox
How to Watch Your Kid's Game Without Being a Jerk by Glennon Doyle Melton at Momastery.
In case you missed it...
My latest article is up at Grandmother Hen: Doing Good in a Grand Way - Environmental Issues. I'm always proud of these "Doing Good" articles.
What did you learn this week? What are you celebrating? Leave a comment and I'll share a "Woohoo!" (And if you have any tips about making bread or what kind of yeast to use, please share.)