It's been a bit crazy this week. On one hand, I got through a lot of errands and appointments. On the other, I got very little work done, hardly any writing, and few photographs. Trade-offs, I suppose.
Things I learned this week:
- It's important to properly lock up the ducks at night. On Wednesday night, I left a circular fence around the opening of their pen. When I went to bed they were still in the kiddie pool. In the morning they were gone presumably where the fence had moved away from their pen. I drove through the neighborhood looking for them and by the farm behind our house, but couldn't find them. Thankfully they came back that evening all on their own. I fed them and locked them up properly to keep them safe from predators.
- Making eye contact with a three-year-old while they excitedly tell you something is a surefire way to make you smile.
- Time together is good (and necessary).
- Time alone is also good (and necessary).
Things I'm celebrating this week:
- The ducks came back!
- Time with my family.
- Getting stuff done. It was spring break here, and I had scheduled the doctor, dentist, and orthodontist all for this week. Check, check, and check. I still managed all the regular errands, too. Phew!
- Learning more about myself (it's an ongoing process, I think).
- Plenty of outside time.
What did you learn this week? What are you celebrating? Leave a comment and I'll share a "Woohoo!"