As in flecks of reflection from the week: what I'm learning and celebrating.
It's been a while since I've done a flecks post, especially considering my summer hiatus. Today feels like a good day to reflect. Will you join me?
Things I learned this week:
- Being present in the moment is a continual practice. Just because I learned to embrace my surroundings yesterday, doesn't mean it will come naturally to me today. I have to keep pulling myself back to what's important right now.
- If you order a Kindle Voyage now, it is estimated to arrive a full month after it's release date. So that's a bummer after all the work I did to trade in movies and video games for cash to purchase it. I guess it gives me time to get through a few more actual books from my to read pile.
- If you think you successfully swatted away a mosquito but your elbow still itches like crazy, check again because the bastard may still be biting you. Repeatedly. Maybe even seven times in that elbow, five times on your arm, four on your hand, and summoning friends to add a dozen or so more to your legs.
- Cooling spray calamine lotion may be the best invention ever.
Things I'm celebrating this week:
- Mums. I never used to like them, but they've grown on me in the last few years.
- Mindful changes based on that awareness.
- Eye contact.
- NOT mosquitoes. Those little buggers may rot in hell.
Things that are resonating with me:
Because it's been a while since I've written a flecks post, these are bits of wonderful I've been collecting over the last few months. Enjoy!
Do Your Habits Bring You Happiness? by Ginny Lennox
You Don't Need More Talent or Time by Glennon Doyle Melton
On Saying What I Want to Say by Victoria Brouhard
Ending the “I can’t, so I’m going to quit” epidemic by Jennifer Louden
What did you learn this week? What are you celebrating? Leave a comment and I'll share a "Woohoo!"