As in flecks of reflection from the week: what I'm learning and celebrating.
Things I learned this week:
- How to make my own guidance cards. I'm learning from Mindy Tsonas and a bunch of other women about this creative, intuitive practice.
- How to use Asana to keep track of all the millions of things my husband and I have to do to build our new house and grow the farm. The project management skills from my full-time working days will come in handy.
- How to measure vegetable oil. My son was helping me make brownies and I asked him not to pour the oil yet because we had to measure it. I came back to find him like this...
Things I'm celebrating this week:
- Lots of work coming in. This is a good thing, especially because we have a lot to do to build the farm and it will take money. But phew! It's a lot and I'm not going to lie- it's a little daunting.
- Fall colors. Trees have been showing off in golds, reds, and oranges- so lovely. The leaves are beginning to fall so I'm soaking in the view while I still can.
- Being featured in Sonia Marsh's Gutsy Living series: My Journey from Suburbanite to Farm Girl. (Okay, this one is from last week, but I didn't get a Flecks post up last week.)
Things that are resonating with me:
Give Me Gratitude or Give Me Debt by Glennon Doyle Melton at Momastery. Because Glennon uses the word "perspectacles" and delivers the best kitchen makeover ever.
Raising my Kid on 6 Hours of TV a Day on Scary Mommy. Because I worry that Jonas is watching too much TV. But I have to balance time with him and also get work done.
What did you learn this week? What are you celebrating? Leave a comment and I'll share a "Woohoo!"