It’s been a week of steady progress at the house. Steady is a word I'm embracing this week. Steady means no major highs and no major lows. Given the unpredictability of the relationship between this house and me, I welcome steady.
- The mums bloomed like crazy this week!
- I bought and assembled a new cabinet from Target for the foyer. The one I’ve had my eye on for over a month now was on sale. Woohoo!
- I bought a “poof” from Target (also on sale!) to prop up my feet in the living room. It’s basically a large cube-shaped pillow. So far it seems durable and I love that it’s light and easy to move to a different seat or even tuck away in a corner.
- I’m beginning to think about hanging artwork on the walls and bought two frames: one for a Dark Faerie print I’ve had for a while and one for my son’s masterpieces.
- The HVAC guy came back this morning to redo ductwork that was falling apart and to hook up the vent to my bedroom that wasn’t attached to the actual heating and air conditioning unit (which explains why it wasn’t working).
- One of the toilets developed a small leak onto the floor. The plumber fixed it this morning. It was a full house here and, because I’m in a small town, the HVAC guy and plumber knew each other.
- I received a drive-by Halloween party invitation from a neighbor. They have a son about the same age as mine, so I think it could be fun.
- And I got my first Jehovah’s witnesses… so there’s that.
I am happy with the progress and also curious when I will make it through a week without something breaking. It’s bound to happen at some point, right? Please tell me I’m right.
Throughout October, I will be continuing this story of getting acquainted with my home and making it my own as part of the 31 days challenge. Catch up on any posts you may have missed here: 31 Days of Nest Building.